I always work with you in a safe and consensual manner.
Our human experiences can be complex. These experiences can be shrouded in taboo and shame. More so when it comes to understanding sexual concerns and traumas. Many clients come to me with a degree of doubt. This is relieved when they get to know me.
I want you to know that I work with you in a safe, consensual and professional manner at all times. My work is guided by a set of behaviours set by Somatic Sex Educators Association Australasia (SSEAA) that I adhere to.
- You are in control of what you want and don’t want.
- I will always respect your boundaries and likewise, you mine.
- I do not fulfil any desire for a sexual connection with you.
- I will maintain a professional boundary with you at all times.
- I do not engage in practices or services that involve sexual gratification.
- I take steps to minimise any physical or emotional harm, in active collaboration with you.
- I practice in a way that is free of narcissistic gratifications such as gratifications of authority, power, sensual pleasure and admiration.
- If you feel aroused during bodywork this is perfectly ok. I will not shame a client for feeling aroused. I will work with you through this as it comes and goes.
- I will always communicate openly with you and respect your privacy and personal decisions.
- I will always be fully clothed.
- The use of touch – when engaging in somatic bodywork, touch will only be one way. That is the direction from me to you.
- Self-touch, that is touch by you to your own body is perfectly ok.
- Somatic bodywork and touch will be introduced to you and always with your consent.
- Touch will only be used to facilitate personal learning, growth and working with your emotional and physical pain concerns.
For further information about the SSEAA, or the code of ethics please visit their website here.