We’re pretty open about anything and everything at Polysoma. That being said WE ARE NOT open to sharing your private and sensitive information. Protecting your privacy is of great importance to us. After all you may not want people knowing how many times a week you masturbate. Let’s face it, for many people that’s pretty sensitive information. Unless of course that’s something you’re open to.
Polysoma provides an extraordinary standard of professional service. In order to do this, we are required to collect personal and sensitive information from you. Personal information covers simplicities such as your name, date of birth, address and telephone number. At times it will also be necessary to obtain sensitive information from you. Sensitive information may include but is not limited to details about your sex life, sexual health, sexuality, sexual experiences, current and past medical history, the types of medications you may be using, body maps, images. This information is used to get to know you holistically and forms part of a somatic assessment of you. Without an overall picture of your sexual being we are unable to formulate and plan for your care properly.
At Polysoma we take all information privacy and confidentiality seriously. We value the need to safeguard information. Polysoma can assure you that your personal and sensitive information is carefully handled and stored. Polysoma is obligated to comply with the Commonwealth Government of Australia’s (Privacy Act 1988) and the Australian Privacy Principles as a health service provider. Polysoma would like to assure you that-
- We only use your personal and sensitive information in order to deliver professional services.
- We require your consent prior to the collection of your personal and sensitive information.
- Information will not be disclosed to persons not associated with services provided to you without your consent; except as provided under the legislation and where we consider you would have a reasonable expectation of us to provide some information.
- You may seek access to the information held about you at anytime. Polysoma will provide access to your information without undue delay. Access to this information will be made available in hard format. You may request inspection of the information and or a copy.
- There will be no charge made for requesting this information but there will be charges to cover the costs associated with the processing of this request and or the copying and secure transfer of such information to you.
- Polysoma will take reasonable steps to ensure at all times that the details we keep about you are accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- Polysoma will take reasonable steps to protect this information from misuse or loss and from unauthorised access, modification and or disclosure.
- Polysoma respects and maintains a high standard of privacy ethics at all times.
Our privacy statement sets out practices in relation to our privacy obligations to you and the management of personal information collected, used or disclosed in the provision of our professional services, and your use of our website.
respecting your personal information and your right to privacy
Protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal and sensitive information is very important to Polysoma. Personal information means information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database) we hold about you from which we can determine your identity. For example, we may collect and use your name and address details when you acquire or use particular Polysoma service and or product. Collecting and using this personal information ensures we can deliver our services to you as efficiently as possible. Polysoma appreciates by giving your personal and sensitive information to us that it imposes a serious responsibility to protect that information.
collection of your personal information
Broadly, Polysoma will collect personal information directly from you and only to the extent necessary to provide a service or product to carry out its functions. For example, we may collect personal information from you when using our cloud based practice management service, talk/txt us, ask us to contact you after visiting our web site, use our online chat service, or have contact with us in person.
We will collect personal information from you by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. The type of personal information we may collect from you may comprise of your name, postal address, telephone number, electronic mail address and information collected as a result of you using or acquiring particular Polysoma service or product.
use and disclosure your personal information
The personal information we collect from you allows us to perform our services. We may also use or disclose your personal information for purposes related or ancillary to the main purpose for which we collect it and where such use and or disclosure; would be reasonably expected by you. Some examples are –
- Developing a relationship with you.
- Accounting and information management.
- Regulatory reporting and compliance.
- Helping us to identify and inform you about other Polysoma products and services that may be of benefit to you.
- Occasionally, we may also collect, use or disclose your personal information for the secondary purpose of facilitating the distribution of marketing materials to you by Polysoma or a third party. We will not do this if you ask us not to do so.
- There are other situations where we are compelled by law to disclose your personal information. For instance, under certain circumstances we may be compelled to provide your personal information to law enforcement agencies.
duty of confidentiality and your consent
We have a duty to keep confidential all personal information we hold about you. Generally, our duty of confidentiality applies except where disclosure of your personal information is compelled by law – for example, disclosure to various government departments and agencies, and disclosure to courts under subpoena. In the public interest – for example, where a crime, or offense is committed or suspected, disclosure against your rights to confidentiality is justified.
with your consent
Your consent is important to us. Your consent may be implied or expressed and it may be verbal or written. You imply consent where we may reasonably conclude that you have given consent by the actions you take or do not take. For example, where you acquire or use a service or function. You consent to Polysoma storing, using, maintaining and disclosing your personal information to the extent necessary for us to provide that particular Polysoma service or product to you.
marketing and your privacy
From time to time we may use the personal information we collect from you to identify particular Polysoma service or product that we believe may be of interest and benefit to you. We may then contact you to let you know about these products and services and how they may benefit you. If you do not wish to receive marketing information from us, please tell us. You have the ability to opt in and opt out receiving information from Polysoma. You can opt in and opt out on the Polysoma website by talk/txt or email.
quality, accuracy and correction of your personal information
If we have accurate personal information about you, it enables us to provide you with the best possible service. Polysoma takes reasonable steps to ensure the personal and sensitive information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the personal and sensitive information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please advise us immediately and we will take reasonable steps to ensure it is corrected. Where Polysoma does not agree with your view about the accuracy of the information and if you ask us to do so, we will take reasonable steps to note your claim where that information is stored and accessed.
security of your personal and sensitive information
Polysoma takes every reasonable step to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorised disclosure or destruction. Polysoma uses the highest standards of technology and security to ensure your information remains safe. Polysoma’s electronic mail management system is encrypted. If your electronic mail contains sensitive information, please request email@example.com to set up an end-to-end encrypted (E2EE) message system password. This enables electronic mail senders and Polysoma to send and receive messages with each other on a 128-bit AES 2048-but RSA handshake email encrypted service.
Polysoma uses Nookal a practice management cloud system. This is the platform we manage our services and your personal and sensitive information on. Data submitted to Nookal is stored and accessed using a 256-bit SSL / HTTPS enterprise grade encryption the highest industry standard. This ensures our information security and your privacy are maintained at all times.
All recorded video dialogue is secured on a 256-bit military grade encrypted hard drive with secure PIN access.
web site security and privacy
We understand that you may be concerned about the confidentiality and security of the personal information we collect from you online. Unfortunately, Polysoma cannot guarantee that the Internet is 100% secure or safe. Polysoma does however mitigate and takes reasonable steps to ensure your personal and sensitive information is protected at all times. Polysoma has systems in place to ensure our online dealings with you are secure and your dealings with us in person.
A (cookie), is a packet of information that allows Polysoma’s server (the computer that houses our web site) to identify and interact more effectively with your computer. When you access our web site, we send you a temporary cookie that gives you a unique identification number. A different identification number is sent each time you use our web site. Cookies do not identify individual users, although they do identify a user’s Internet browser type and your Internet Service Provider.
Our cookie allows us to keep track of the pages you have accessed while visiting our web site. It also allows you to page back and forwards through our web site and return to pages you have already visited without having to bother about logging on to our home page again. You can configure your internet browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies or notify you when a cookie is sent. Please refer to your Internet browser’s instructions or help screens to learn more about these functions.
information logged on our web site
When you visit the Polysoma web site, our server logs the following information which is provided by your browser for statistical purposes only –
- the type of browser and operating system you are using.
- your Internet Service Provider and top level domain name (for example – .com, .net, .au, etc).
- the address of any referring web site (for example – the previous web site you visited), and
- your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number which is unique to the machine through which you are connected to the internet).
Polysoma uses all of this information for aggregated statistical analysis or systems management purposes only. No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities, except where required by or under law.
links to other sites
The Polysoma website contains links to other sites. In addition, some of the content appearing on the Polysoma website may be supplied by third parties, for example, by framing third party web sites or the incorporation through (framesets) of content supplied by third party servers. Polysoma will always endeavour to engage in business arrangements with commercial entities of good repute and ethical business practices; we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. However, our contractual arrangements with these parties seek to ensure that an equivalent level of privacy protection is afforded to you. We encourage you to read and understand the privacy practices on those websites prior to providing any information to them.
access to your personal and sensitive information
Polysoma will, upon your request, and subject to applicable privacy laws, provide you with access to your personal information held by us. However, we ask that you identify, as clearly as possible, the type/s of information requested. Polysoma will deal with your request to provide access to your personal information in a reasonable time – usually within 30 days of receipt of your request. We will not charge you for lodging such a request but we may recover from you our reasonable costs incurred in supplying you with access to this information. In certain circumstances, the law permits us to refuse your request to provide you with access to your personal information.
Factors affecting your right to access include where:
- access would pose a serious threat to the life or health of any individual.
- access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others.
- the request is frivolous or vexatious.
- the information relates to a commercially sensitive decision making process.
- access would be unlawful, or
- access may prejudice enforcement activities, a security function or commercial negotiations.
further information on privacy
Should you require more specific details concerning our privacy practices please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can talk/txt us.
You can obtain further information about privacy protection from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by visiting their website www.oaic.gov.auDownload PDF